While there are many window locks to choose from, the Cable Lock is a well known restrictor on the market. However, deciding when it’s best to use window locks can be difficult and the Cable Lock is no different.
Which window types can you use a Cable Lock on?
Fortunately, the cable lock is an extremely versatile solution to window safety and can be used on any window type:
- Double Hung
Even better it can be installed onto any material!
How to install the Cable Lock?
Alternatively, here are written instructions on the process:
- Measure a maximum opening distance of 12.5cm from the fixed frame to the open window frame.
- Secure the lock body either horizontally or vertically on the fixed frame.
- Hold the cable bracket on the open window frame in the fully extended position to ensure the opening distance does not exceed 12.5cm.
- Secure the cable bracket to the open window frame and place screw cap over the lock body hole.
- Test. The key must be used to lock the lock. Opening must not exceed 12.5cm. Ensure the bullet head is securely locked into the lock body.
Remsafe Cable Lock
Our Cable Lock window restrictor is the world’s smallest cable restrictor. Through its compact design, the Cable Lock increases window safety by allowing the window to be opened and closed to the restricted distance of 12.5cm without the use of a key each and every time. Additionally, all of our products are keyed alike across the range so you only require one key.